How do you set up a business in Dubai? Will it be a public, an LLC or a Freezone company you’ll need to investigate all of the options you have available to you.
Business Set Up Overview
In the UAE, economic activity is regulated by individual emirates as well as the Federal Government. In Dubai, the authorities have deliberately sought to create an environment which is well ordered without being unduly restrictive. As a result, Dubai offers businessmen operating conditions that are among the most liberal and attractive in the region.
There are many options open to international companies seeking to establish a business relationship with Dubai. Apart from forming a trading relationship, many companies find that there are distinct advantages in having an on-the-spot presence in order to research market prospects, make contacts, liaise with customers, and see through the details of any transactions and orders secured.Having such a presence can provide considerable business advantages in the Middle East.
Businessmen in the region prefer to deal with someone they know and trust and personal relationships are much more important in doing business in the Arab world than they are in western Europe or America. Also, the buying patterns of some countries served by Dubai tend to be unpredictable, creating a need for first class market intelligence and information. Dubai offers foreign companies a wide choice of business options, including:
- Direct trade – selling directly to established dealers and distributors
- Commercial agency arrangements – appointee must be a UAE national or company; agreement to be registered with Ministry of Economy and Commerce
- Branch or representative office – 100% foreign ownership permitted; local agent (sponsor) must be appointed; Economic Development Department licence required
- Limited liability company – foreign ownership restricted to 49%; Economic Development Department licence required
- Special free zone investment incentives.
We will cover important topic to setup a business in Dubai. You will find the depth guide each topic that listed below:
- Ownership Requirements
- Legal Structures of Business
- Joint Venture Companies
- Public & Private Shareholding Companies
- Limited Liability Companies
- Branches & Representative Offices of Foreign Companies
- Professional Firms
- Free Zone Incentives
- Free Zone Licenses
- Setting up a Branch of a Foreign Company
- Setting up a Free Zone Establishment
- Key Free Zones in Dubai